Thursday, October 13, 2011

Goreme Less Than 24 Hours...Room 2

My fabulous host has a full hotel and I am his guest. Part of my job is being flexible. I have moved rooms already as he generously juggles me around.

Göreme located among the "fairy chimney" rock formations, is a town in Cappadocia, a historical region of Turkey. It is in the Nevşehir Province in Central Anatolia and has a population of around 2,500 people and has become a place where people come to balloon, ride horses and hike, so it is a stop off tourist visit for 2 days.

I could park here for weeks, maybe months...The last time I was here with Ryan, my daughter and Mehmet was just building and renovating this gem. Now there is a restaurant, spa, several sections and because he has been a carpet and textile dealer for the past 20 years, there are all sorts of treasures.





the very popular patch work kilim carpets












this robe from Uzbekistan gives me the chills..

 This a must stay...ask for Mehmet, or Mustafa!

No comments :

Post a Comment