Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wedding Season?

Is there a wedding season?  I actually have no idea. I can't believe it would be August though.  In the mid-west it has been grueling, with temperatures well above 100% with heat index's of 116%. I guess if I could be assured of a controlled COOL environment...Who knows.

I have been thinking about weddings for a few days.  Friday evening I unsealed myself from my hermetically sealed COOL environment to go see a couple of friends who had set up their wedding wares in a local Salon for 1st Friday, a free art stroll in the Crossroads District, where there is a concentration of art galleries. The event was "Something Borrowed Something Blue" at BeSpoke Salon and was styled artfully by Linh Trieu.
Vintage wares table settings by Vintage Vessels flowers by Rebecca Thao with a petite Balinese umbrella as the center piece available at the loaded trunk


Jeanne Rohner greeted us at the door, in her fantastic vintage gown, Va va va voom! The "brides" were having their hair done, there were several artist/vendors showing off their talents, and then there was the baker! No matter what time of year a wedding is, I realized that for me it is all about the food. This is the part I still remember after a short marriage a long time ago! Hmmm!
This modest but fabulous wedding cake is just perfect, by Rachel Feldkamp, I love the Tibetan Prayer like flags above the Bride and Groom
OMG, I so wanted to cut into this grooms cake by Rachel Feldkamp
Cookies by Rachel Feldkamp

SOOO cute, cookies by Rachel Feldkamp(all photo's from above by Jeanne Rohner and Roni Jaco)
So to finish it off the dress's for the bride and her bridesmaids.  Vera Wang gets my pick for gowns.
Vera Wang 'Estelle' Fall 2010 (photo from Vera Wang) Stunning

The perfect versatile bridesmaids dress by Cynthia Rowley, your friends will love you,  it's under $200.00 (photo from House of Brides)


So I hear that the cakes and cookies taste as good as they looked.  I bought a piece in Chaing Mai, Thailand by a well known pewter artist that would showcase one of these cakes brilliantly.
from the loaded trunk

Maybe I will get to use it for one of Rachel's cakes.

No comments :

Post a Comment