Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Living Outdoors


I tend to leave my things out year-round even though the snow and rain can be brutal to outdoor furnishings. Every spring my balcony is in a bit of disarray with faded tables and chairs, broken pots and just the dreary remnants of winter. I just give everything a good cleaning, move things around so it feels new and add a couple of pillows to brighten things up. That's usually more than enough to get me in the mood. But sometimes, just sometimes, I just want to start with a fresh slate and get all new stuff. So I did a bit of on-line daydreaming and gave my outdoor space an indoor-inspired makeover.

Casbah Love Seat (CB2) // Huron Side Table (West Elm) // Ficus (Home Depot)

Plus, here are a few Pinterest finds that are inspiring me to live outdoors 24-7 from some of my favorite blogs/bloggers:


From Garden & Gun, a fantastic lifestyle magazine about the finer aspects of the South. This is the second time in a week I've seen that outdoor bar made of pallets. Love the rustic qualities of this garage turned into event space. See all the images here.


I follow The Glamourai for her fantastic fashion, but her shots of The Surf Lodge in Montauk are right up my alley too. So colorful and inviting.


As a kid, I would absolutely die for a loft tree house like this. As an adult, yeah, I'm still over the moon for this space. Can't you imagine being under the tree tops with a good book and some wine?
Photo by Maxwell Ryan. Full step-by-step directions can be found on Apartment Therapy.


I'm also a total sucker for swings. You just never grow out of that.
Left, image via Garden & Gun, but unfortunately, I couldn't trace down the link!
Right, Asset Soup via Apartment Therapy.


image via Joanna Goddard of Cup of Jo, one of mine favorite bloggers. I'm not alone in my adoration of Joanna, she has a huge fan base. Follow her Home board on Pinterest.


Finally, my dream space. As much as I love the idea of being outdoors, the bugs often keep me IN. This is a perfect compromise. Image via Justina Blakeney who I adore on both Pinterest and twitter. This image is from her Welcome to the Jungalow board. For more outdoor inspiration, you should also check out her The Great Outdoors board.

Pin It

No comments :

Post a Comment