Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A Taste of….Pul Biber

Pin It
During my trip to Turkey in February, I tried quite a bit of pul biber, a smoky, crushed red pepper similar to red pepper flakes you find here in the states but it's slightly damp with a subtle fruit flavor. Pul biber is made from the aleppo pepper and is regularly seen on tables at Turkish restaurants, either in a shaker or a small tin bowl. As with most things, you'll have to taste the various kinds to see which one you like best. In the U.S., pul biber can be found at your local Mediterranean market. I brought some home and have been adding it to just about everything. The flavors instantly transport me to Turkey.

I also brought back these wonderful tinned copper condiment dishes. They are perfect for holding spices, dips or sauces. The crescent moon on the lid is functional, but I think it adds another element of beauty to the design. You can find them here. 

No comments :

Post a Comment