Sunday, November 11, 2012

Don't Forget the Hostess

Sugar Spoon

Whenever I am invited into someone's home for a party – cocktail, dinner or otherwise – I try to show my appreciation by bringing a small something for the host or hostess. My strategy with hostess gifts is two-fold: it has to be something I personally like and it has to have an element of function. You can never have enough tea towels or candles and an extra pair of scissors around the house is always helpful. The secret is to have gifts on hand so you're not stressing yourself out by last-minute shopping. I have a small cupboard just for this purpose. The gifts are inexpensive and I pair them with fresh flowers, a bottle of wine or my new favorite from Trader Joe's, yummy fig butter. Throw a ribbon around it and you're done!

FROM THE LOADED TRUNK
Mpingo Loop Sugar Spoons, handmade by artisans in Kenya

Other gifts we like with great form and function....
Ferm Tea Towel // 2 Hammerpress Art Print // 3 Scotch Scissors // 4 Voluspa Candle // 5 Govino Shatterproof Wine Glasses

hostess gifts

No comments :

Post a Comment