Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Preparing for the Hunt-First Stop Thailand

The holidays bring as much stress as they do joy. Each day as a business owner I am filled with fear! Fear of not selling enough, fear of selling too much, fear of no one showing up to a trunk show. Am I blogging enough? Too much? Have I overused Facebook?  Fear can be crippling and I lean on the side of drama.

Instead of allowing myself to drown in these all too real scenarios.....I begin flipping through photographs of places I have traveled and called on the memories of the personal bonds I have made while abroad. I realize that my next journey is around the corner and voila, the fear subsides and instead is replaced by textures, sounds, smells and the realization that the adventure will soon begin again. I do this so I can feed my addiction for street food, fresh exotic fruits, vintage textiles, beaches, antiques and shopping to create and sustain bonds with both my suppliers and customers!

I can feel the stress melting away. Near Phuket, Thailand

The inside of a Durian. A stinky, creamy fruit found in SE Asia.
Best described as having a succulent, creamy filling but smelling like stinky socks, ahh Durian
Rambutan, native to Indonesia, Thailand + the Philippines



Luscious
Burmese Puppets Heads from a favorite spot in Chiang Mai
(Photo's from Roni + Ryan)


Be sure to check out my website for new items. Happy Holidays!
Roni


1 comment :

  1. Roni it is so great to have and hold such experinces in your heart!! Hope to see you soon!

    Come and enter my Giveaway from My Sparrow, you will love it!

    Joyeaux Noel!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete